Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mozilla "Namastey WoMoz" : My Side Of The Story

Hey everyone, how you doing? Since it's my very first blog post and I have no blogging experience, I'm not sure how you start a post. however, I have been thinking of blogging but had stuck because of  "what am I going to write about" and "Tomorrow"! But after attending the Mozilla Nepal "Namastey WoMoz", I decided It'd be good to start.

Talking about the event, overall it was amazing. It wasn't my instant thought though. Waiting for the conformation email to attend the event, my excitement to attend it had build up high. And so had my expectations. But the moment I reached the venue and had little talks with fellow attendees, my excitement hit a downfall. There were so less people and the environment was friendly. Yes, I said friendly. I expected it to be formal one, you know the one where everyone is serious and big talks fills the room.But it was the exact opposite, the excitement was low and few to none had any idea about what was going on. Moving on...the event started and the introduction and talks about Mozilla and girls in ICT began. And so began my urge to fast forward the event. This doesn't mean it was bad though...it must have been my sky high expectations and "know it all" attitude. Having participated in two Startup Weekend, my expectations from these kinds of events are always high I guess.

Then came "Let's solve a crossword" time and that was when things took a complete turnaround. Let's just say the fun started and my opinion took a reverse gear. Then, everything went good and fun and inspiring. Talk from currently involved WoMoz was one of the best part of the event. It urged me and probably everyone there to take a first step...it was inspiring. After that, discussions and contributions one wants to make went well. Though the number of attendees went down a little, the ones that were still present were excited about making a contribution and the Mozillians/organizers were really helpful and friendly. The event came to an end with discussion results, treasure hunt game and future plans.
And now that I look back, I find it amazing! Yes...I take all the criticism back! It was a mere event with fun and excitement and was a fine learning experience. It was an informal event (I didn't know that before, i swear) and the mozillians and everyone who organised the event were friendly and helpful. Where do you get someone like that nowadays, I mean..knowledgeable and still down to earth. Having thought all that, i do regret those thoughts of mine but oh well...All's well that ends well.

And yes..I want to thank Mozilla Nepal and the mozillians who made that event happen. A big thank you for a beautiful and knowledgeable experience. 

9 comments:

  1. Good one Bhumika..... For a while i literally felt like i was there :D.... Keep sharing your experiences...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow bhume! its really a nice start.... luved this stuff..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Bhumika. It was a great learning experience for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seems like covered overall event, nice one bhumika. Euta picture bhaye jhan babbal hunthyo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice read.... awesome read for a first timer... you rock \m/ :D

    ReplyDelete